The Lewis-Clark Valley is the newest American Viticultural Area in Idaho and Washington. Winemakers are using locally grown wine grape varietals to craft bold, award-winning, premium wine.
When the natural beauty of Hells Canyon and rustic elegance of Heller Bar Lodge transformed into a riverfront tasting room, meet the fine wines of the Lewis/Clark Valley you will unWINEd and find a truly memorable experience.
The wines are presented with tasting notes as an expert from the winery talks about each wine, the history of production and other interesting wine making details.
During your evening of dining and learning enjoy 7 award wining wines meticulously paired with your gourmet dinner menu and as you board as you are guided through the tasting presentation.
Always On Our Menu: Culinary Excellence with Specialty Wine Pairing
Sample Menu Paired with the fine wines of Basalt Cellars Winery.
- Savory Cheese Strudel…layers of buttery phyllo dough filled mascarpone, ricotta and crumbled feta chesses baked til golden brown accompanied with fresh fruit paired with Semillon Sauvignon Blanc
- Roasted Asparagus & Tomato Balsamic Salad…fresh roasted asparagus and fresh grape tomato halves tossed with a dressing of balsamic vinegar, olive oil and Dijon mustard atop fresh spring mix field of greens paired with Chardonnay
- Sweet Italian Fennel Sausage and Prosciutto Pizza…fresh baked dough with fresh mozzarella and parmesan cheese garnished with fresh basil paired with Cabernet Franc
- Huckleberry BBQ Beef Ribs…accompanied with twice baked potato paired with Rim Rock Red
- Homemade Apple Pie accompanied with Fresh Made Vanilla Ice Cream paired with Riesling
unWINEd Tasting Dinner Cruises:
Includes your 4-hour narrated jet boat tour to our riverfront Heller Bar Lodge. You will enjoy unsurpassed views of the Snake River of Hells Canyon and an exclusive plated dinner menu prepared by our onsite caterer JillyBean Catering served with appropriately paired wines. This evening of great wine and fine food include the captains narration while traveling on the Snake River of Hells Canyon.
2020 Dates: May 9, June 20, July 25, August 8 (with Lewis Clark Valley Chamber of Commerce-Chef Hop & Vine) August 22, September 12
Wine Tasting Dinner Cruises are available on demand at any time, with availability to groups of 20 or more guests.
Each wine at the tasting is also be available for purchase by the bottle.
- Wine Tasting Dinner Cruise $139